recipe courtesy of Executive Chef Sam Misiura
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 large clove of garlic, chopped
6 oz. trimmed, washed and dried Ice Spinach
salt and pepper to taste
juice of 1/4 lemon
1/4 cup shelled pistachios
1 box of fettuccine freshly boiled
parmesan to taste
1. Add 1 good Tbsp. of olive oil to a skillet and lightly saute the garlic, being careful not to let it brown.
2. Add 6 oz. of spinach and gently toss with tongs until wilted.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Remove sauteed garlic and olive oil to a deep bowl.
5. Add juice of 1/4 of a lemon, along with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and 1/4 cup of pistachios.
6. Puree until smooth using a blender or food processor.
7. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
8. Toss with freshly boiled fettuccine and garnish with parmesan and extra virgin olive oil.