For the Bowls
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced into medium sized chunks
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 15.5oz can of chick peas, drained and dried on a paper towel
- 5 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper TT
- Cooked brown rice or Jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 gloves garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoons water
- Drain the canned chick peas, remove any shells that are coming loose and place the chick peas on a plate lined with paper towel. Pat the tops with paper towel to remove excess moisture and let dry while you prep the sweet potatoes and kale.
- Preheat oven to 425. Peel and dice the sweet potatoes. Pour into a large bowl, toss with 2 tablespoons of the grapeseed oil and the curry powder. Pour onto a large baking sheet.
- Leave kale whole or rip into pieces. Place into the large bowl, add the sea salt and 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil. Take the dried chickpeas and pour into a bowl and coat with 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil and season lightly with salt, pepper. Place the chickpeas and kale onto a separate baking sheet.
- Place the sweet potato baking sheet in the oven and set the time for 30 minutes. After 5 minutes has passed, place the chick peas and kale in the oven for the remaining 25 minutes.
- While everything is baking prepare your rice as package suggests
- To make the tahini sauce, juice the entire lemon into a bowl and grate the 3 cloves of garlic. Add in all remaining ingredients and whisk together. If it is too thick add another tablespoon of water. You want this to be the consistency of a dressing and not heavy or thick like peanut butter.
- Assemble to bowls by first adding as much rice as you want, then as much veggies and chickpeas. Drizzle generously with the tahini sauce.