Crispy Shaved Okra
- 5-6 pieces large okra
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 sheets parchment paper
- 2 baking trays
- Preheat your oven to 250ºf with convection or 300ºf without.
- Shave the okra as thin as possible into a large metal bowl using a mandoline.
- Toss the shaved okra evenly with the salt and oil.
- Transfer the shaved okra to an even layer on the parchment paper lines sheet trays.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until lightly browned and really crispy.
- Allow to cool on the counter before transferring to an airtight container.
- If you need to recrisp them, bake again anytime at 250 for a few minutes in the oven.
* These crispy baked okra chips are great on salads, vegetable medleys, steak garnish, sandwiches, and seafood. They're highly versatile and stable for weeks.
Leave a comment