Source: Mixologist Jeff Naples
- 2 oz Hendricks Mid Summer Solstice (can be done with rum as daiquiri)
- 1 orange bell pepper (or bell pepper color of your choice)
- 6 oz pineapple juice (or ¼ fresh pineapple)
- ½ oz simple syrup
- ½ lime juice
- Red beets
- Slice the sides off of 1 orange bell pepper, and throw sides into a blender with 6 oz pineapple juice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Run through a fine mesh strainer to remove any extra bits.
- Combine 1½ oz of pineapple, bell pepper blend with 2 oz of Hendricks Mid Summar Solstice, ½ simple syrup and ½ oz lime juice.
- Shake ingredients with ice.
- For rim, use beet root powder. (See recipe below)
Root Powder Recipe
- Thinly slice red beets.
- Place them in a food dehydrator (or convection oven on 275-300 degrees for 45 minutes).
- Dehydrate for about 12 hours.
- Then take dehydrated beets, place in food processor, and grind to food powder.
- Place beet powder on plate.
- Use lime to rim the edge of the glass.
- Roll rim of glass in beet powder.
- Strain gimlet into glass.