We don't often cook radishes but we should. Fall radishes seem like a great idea until you have a pound or two in the bottom of your refrigerator. We can really only shave and eat so many radishes. If you're like most people, a little goes a long way. Until now.
If you only have a few but want to give these a try, mix these into your roasted vegetables. You'll notice the “pan roasted” reference. This is a technique to ensure great caramelization and expedite the cooking process.Ingredients:
- 1 lb Fall Radish
- 2-4 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 oz Butter
- Remove the top and bottom from each radish. Cut the radish in half crosswise then quarter each half.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºf and preheat a large cast iron skillet until gently smoking.
- Add the Vegetable oil (just enough to cover the bottom of the pan) and add the radishes.
- Allow to sear well on one side undisturbed.
- Gently toss or turn the radishes and transfer the pan to the preheated oven.
- Allow to cook in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes until the vegetables are still firm in the center but tender enough to be pierced by a fork.
- Remove from the oven and add butter to the pan and evenly coat the radishes.
- Season with salt and serve warm.