To spice up your golden beets, consider curry. Its a beautiful contrast to the sweetness of the beet. The textural contrast of toasted pistachio compliments the fork tender vegetables as well.
- ¾ cup pistachios, crushed with the side of a knife
- 1 teaspoon plus ½ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon or whole grain mustard
- 1 lb baby golden beets, washed.
- Lemon juice (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Dress pistachios with 1 tsp oil and transfer to a baking sheet. Season with salt.
- Roast, tossing once, until pistachios are golden brown (approx. 7 minutes).
- Let cool
- Submerge beets in water and bring to a low simmer on the stove. Allow to poach until a knife meets no resistance.
- Remove from heat and peel with a towel, removing the skin by sliding it off.
- Bring curry powder and remaining ½ cup olive oil to a low simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat, swirling occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add garlic and allow to cool.
- Mix vinegar, and mustard with a whisk constantly.
- Stream in curry oil.
- Blend until dressing is very smooth and thick.
- Season with a pinch of salt.
- Slice beets and dress with half of the dressing in a medium bowl season with lemon juice.
- Serve topped with pistachios, best of the day micro herbs or greens, and additional dressing on the side if desired.