Servings: About 1 ½ cups
Source: The Culinary Vegetable Institute
Everything is optional. Keep these ratios somewhat intact and you’ll end up with a dippable texture. If you don’t have carrots, consider beets. If you don’t have almonds, consider peanuts or any nuts. If you don’t have chickpeas, consider white beans. If you don’t have garlic, onion, or garlic powder even. No lemons, consider vinegar. No paprika? No problem. Have fun with this.
- 1/4 cup nuts, toasted
- 1 lb. yellow and orange carrots, tops removed, purple carrots removed.
- 2 Tbsp. plus ½ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp. kosher salt, divided, plus more if needed
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup canned chickpeas
- 1 lemon juiced
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ tsp. hot smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 package mixed edible flowers
- Preheat an oven to 350°.
- Split your carrots lengthwise. Toss on a parchment-lined baking sheet with 2 Tbsp. oil and ½ tsp. salt.
- Spread carrots out evenly on baking sheet and roast, stirring once or twice, until very tender. About 30 minutes.
- Transfer carrots to a food processor; add garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice, pepper, paprika, ½ cup oil, 1 tsp. salt, and almonds.
- Process, adding more oil as needed, until mixture is almost completely smooth. Taste dip and add more lemon juice and/or salt if needed.