Source: Mixologist Jeffrey Naples
- 2 red beets
- 5-6 sprigs of Lemon Verbena
- 1½ - 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 oz Plymouth Gin
- 1 oz heavy cream
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 3/4 - 1 oz beet and lemon verbena cordial
- 1/2 oz egg white
- Slice 2 small red beets. Add to a hot pan.
- Next, add in 5-6 sprigs of lemon verbena.
- Cover with 1.5-2 cups of sugar.
- Allow the mixture to break down over medium heat.
- Then, add in water 1/4 cup at a time, up to 1 cup.
- Allow the cordial to cool.
- Add the ingredients to a shaker with no ice.
- Dry shake ingredients for 5-10 seconds.
- Add ice and 1 oz soda water (or ginger beer), and shake for 30-45 seconds.
- Strain into a glass.
- Optional 3 drops of orange flower water on top.
- Garnish with English mint.