Source: Mixologist Jeffrey Naples
- 1½ - 2 oz cognac
- ¾ oz orange liqueur (or ½ fresh orange)
- ½ - ¾ oz fresh lemon (about half of a lemon)
- ½ - 1 oz beet and lemon verbena cordial (see recipe at bottom)
- Add all ingredients and ice to shaker.
- Rim the coupe glass with sugar (use lemon to run around the edge of the glass before dipping into sugar).
- Strain the cocktail into glass.
Beet and Lemon Verbena Cordial Recipe
- Slice 2 small red beets. Add to a hot pan.
- Next, add in 5-6 sprigs of lemon verbena.
- Cover with 1.5-2 cups of sugar.
- Allow the mixture to break down over medium heat.
- Then, add in water 1/4 cup at a time, up to 1 cup.
- Allow the cordial to cool.