Carrots · Cilantro · Postpartum · Preconception · Pregnancy · Side Dish · 2 comments ·
- 2 large eggs
- 12 oz carrots (about 5 Chef's Garden Carrots)
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 red chile, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cilantro, fresh
- 2 tbsp lime juice, fresh
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 oz crumbled feta cheese
- Kosher salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Using a food processor with the large grater attachment, coarsely grate the carrots. Add them to the bowl with the eggs and toss to coat. Fold in the panko, 2 scallions, chile, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, and remaining scallion.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat, then add 1 tablespoon oil. Drop 6 spoons of the carrot mixture into the skillet and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 3 minutes per side; transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining oil and carrot mixture, adding more oil to the skillet, if necessary.
- Gently stir the feta into the lime-scallion mixture. Serve over the carrot fritters
We used olive oil for these. You can use avocado or ghee too!
This looks so good! I can’t wait to receive my box. What kind of oil should one use? Thanks.
Leave a comment