Source: The Beard Behind the Bar
Served in Highball with ice
- 1.5 - 2 oz Gin or Genever
- 3/4 oz Ginger simple syrup (or simple syrup and ginger slices) I'm going to have light ginger syrup 1/2 cup sugar to 1 cup water
- 3/4 oz Lime juice
- 2-3 sliced beets (I'm going to use standard red beet for this)
- 4-5 Mint Leaves
- Shake all ingredients with and serve in glass.
- Topped with ginger beer, ginger ale, lemon lime soda, soda water, or champagne. (I will probably use ginger beer.)
- Garnish with a red or candy cane beet.
Extra talking point r/e this drink:
- Can be muddled for more beet flavor or shaken with ice for less earthy flavor.
Non-Alcoholic Fresh From The Garden
- 3/4 oz ginger syrup
- 3/4 oz lime juice
- 2-3 beet slices
- 4-5 mint leaves
- Shake all ingredients with ice and serve in glass.
- Topped with ginger beer, lemon lime soda, ginger ale, soda water, sparkling apple juice, or cider.
Additional talking points:
- Earthiness of beets: difference in red, candy cane and yellow beets.
- The drink can be made with beet cordial as well for a richer taste.