Beets · Microgreens ·
Poached Baby Beets with Mixed Microgreens
Source: Culinary Vegetable Institute at The Chef's Garden
- 1 pound mixed beets, scrubbed, tops and root ends trimmed
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ½ pack mixed microgreens
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place beets in a shallow baking dish.
- Submerge in water and bring to a simmer on the stove.
- Poach in the oven until beets are tender and a paring knife inserted into the center meets no resistance, 50-60 minutes.
- Let beets cool slightly, then peel with a linen or napkin by simply removing the skin.
- Cut beets into 6 wedges and arrange on a platter.
- Whisk lemon juice, vinegar, and olive oil in a small bowl; drizzle over beets.
- Garnish with micro greens and season with salt.
Leave a comment