- 2 medium ripe bananas (previously frozen)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple
- 2 small handfuls of kale
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups unsweetened milk of choice
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- Roasted unsalted nut of choice
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Fresh berries
- Chia seeds
- Add all smoothie ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Add more milk (or water) to thin. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more ripe banana (or maple syrup) for added sweetness, more purple kale for a brighter purple hue, or avocado for creaminess.
For more protein, add nut butter! This also enhances the natural sweetness of the smoothie.
Divide between 2 serving bowls and top with desired toppings!
Best when fresh.