Carrots and honey blend well together in this lovely soup that serves beautifully hot or cold.
- 4 Tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 leek, sliced
- Approximately 2 pounds (800g) orange carrots
- Honey to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 quarts. (2 L) vegetable stock
- 2 cups (.5 L) heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- Combine the butter, leeks, and carrots in a large sauce pot and cook, covered on medium heat, until soft.
- Add the honey, bay leaf, vegetable stock, and cook an additional 14 minutes on a low simmer uncovered.
- Transfer to a blender and process on high about 30 seconds until fully homogenized.
- Pass through a fine mesh strainer and add heavy cream to taste, as needed, to round out the flavor of the soup.
- Season with salt and honey to your preference