Garlic · Potatoes · Thyme · 2 comments ·
Roast Skinless Potatoes
One of the simple pleasures in life. These bite size potatoes free from skin literally give themselves to your teeth. They Are super tender and super creamy and take in all the flavors of green garlic and green onion.
Source: Culinary Vegetable Institute at The Chef's Garden
- 1 ½ lbs potatoes
- Vegetable oil
- ½ stick butter, diced
- 4 Garlic shoots, thinly sliced
- 4 Green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ envelope thyme, roughly chopped
- Cracked pepper, white or black
- Wash the potatoes and poach for 40 minutes in slightly salted water.
- Strain into a colander and cool slightly with water. With your fingers, peel the potatoes. The peels should pull off with little effort.
- In a large sauté pan, coat the bottom with a shallow layer of vegetable oil. Bring to medium high heat and brown the potatoes evenly by moving them around a bit.
- Reduce the heat and add a ½ stick of diced butter.
- Add the green garlic, green onion, and thyme.
- Return the heat to high and when the butter starts to brown, remove entirely from heat.
- Season with salt, pepper, and serve hot.
So glad he loves it! Hope you have a wonderful year ahead!
My husband (who is no spring chicken) insists this is the best potato recipe ever. Forty minutes seems like a long time to boil potatoes, so you have to be careful about roasting them so they stay intact. Am sure it would be even better with Farmer Jones’s potatoes, but my local Miles Market potatoes were fine. Thank you Farmer Jones and Merry Christmas!
Leave a comment