Servings: 8- 6 oz servings of Roasted Vegetables
- 4 pounds assorted vegetables
- 4tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- Salt to taste
For the Honey Glaze:
- ½ cup Apple Cider
- ¼ cup Honey
- 3 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt to taste
For the Roasted Vegetables:
- Preheat the oven to 425℉
- Wash all of your vegetables. Determine if you are going to leave the skins on or remove them altogether. If you are removing them, use a vegetable peeler to remove any vegetable skins.
- After washing them well, reserve the peels in your fridge or freezer for use in stock. If you opt to leave the skins on the vegetables, Wash them well and use a clean sponge or vegetable brush as needed to remove any pockets of soil from the exterior of the vegetables.
- Trim your vegetables free of any woody tops or hard cores, then portion them further into their desired size. We opt for pieces slightly larger than a golf-ball as we find those pieces to be small enough to cook quickly, but large enough to develop a flavorful exterior before overcooking.
- Sear (Optional) your vegetables in batches in a wide skillet, Dutch oven or cast iron pan. This step is entirely optional but makes a large contribution to the overall flavor of the roasted vegetables. Transfer the seared but still raw vegetables to a large mixing bowl and season them TT with Salt. Ensure they are all coated lightly in vegetable oil then transfer them to the lined baking trays.
- Roast your vegetables until they are cooked to your liking. If you prefer your vegetables to be tender and creamy, cook them further and if you, like us, prefer a bit of welcome resistance in the very center, cook them until they are al denté.
- Glaze your vegetables with a few spoonfuls of the honey glaze (recipe provided below). For a simpler approach, a splash of vinegar or lemon juice will go a long way to offering complexity and balance to the vegetables.
For the Honey-Cider Glaze:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a wide saucepan and bring them to a boil. 2
- On low heat, reduce the mixture for 5-10 minutes or until it is syrupy in texture.
- Use immediately or store under refrigeration for up to 1 week.