Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 Servings
- 2lbs of The Chef’s Garden baby potatoes
For the spiced herb Oil
- 1/3 cup of a neutral oil
- 3 sprigs of rosemary, picked
- 10 sprigs of thyme, picked
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
For the Yogurt
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ lemon Juiced
- 2 tsp Honey
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425F with convection.
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water. Add a few heavy pinches of salt and bring the water to a simmer. Cook the potatoes until they are fork-tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking combine the oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan. Heat the oil on low heat and when the garlic just barely begins to brown strain the oil through a chinois, or fine-mesh strainer into a large metal bowl. Allow the strained solids to cool for one minute before transferring them to a cutting board. Mince through them with a knife until all of the herbs are broken-up and chopped through. Season with salt.
- When the potatoes are cooked, strain them into a colander and allow them to cool for a minute before transferring them to a half sheet tray. Using another tray or a small pan, smash the potatoes so their skins burst and the creamy flesh of the interior comes spilling out.
- Allow them to rest like this for a few minutes so that steam escapes from the inside of the potato. When the potatoes have cooled enough to handle. Gently transfer them to the bowl with oil and toss to coat.
- Taste the potato and add a few additional pinches of salt if necessary.
- Transfer the potatoes back to the tray ensuring they are sufficiently spaced to allow for air to flow between them. Use two trays if necessary.
- Transfer the trays to the oven and roast for 20 minutes until the skins are crispy and the flesh is a dark brown.
- Sprinkle the chopped herb mixture over the potatoes on the tray and toss to distribute.
- For the Yogurt, Combine all ingredients and transfer to a bowl.