Artichoke Hearts · Dip · Spinach ·
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Servings: About 2 ½ cups
Source: Culinary Vegetable Institute at The Chef's Garden
- ½ lb Spinach
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 13-oz. cans artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- ¼ Cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ Cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Wash the and dry the spinach well.
- Sweat the garlic, shallot, and artichokes in a pot with the butter. Cook gently until the shallot is translucent and cooked through.
- When you hear a sizzle and the water has evaporated from the pan turn the heat to low, While stirring, add the cream cheese, one spoonful at a time, until melted.
- Turn the heat to medium and bring the contents of the pot to a gentle simmer. With the mixture bubbling, add the spinach and salt.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and fold in both of the cheeses.
- Transfer to a warmed serving dish and serve with Pita Chips, warm Torn Bread, Crudité, or really just about anything you want to dip.
Leave a comment