This is an easy recipe to adapt and to get behind. It's a general ratio to produce around 1 cup of caramel which is plenty. You'll notice the request for a large sauce pot. This is to prevent the caramel from boiling over as it reduces.
- 2 cups vegetable juice.
- 6 oz sugar
- 3.5 oz (a shy stick) butter, diced
- 3 oz (⅓ c) heavy cream
- ⅛ tsp salt if your butter is unsalted (as it should be)
- Combine the juice and sugar with a whisk into a large sauce pot and reduce the juice to around 250ºf on medium high heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Using a whisk, carefully mount the butter and add the cream and salt.
- Transfer to a heat safe container and serve warm, room temp, or chilled.