- 3 lemon wedges
- 2 ounces bourbon
- ¾ ounce simple syrup
- 4 mint leaves
- Garnish: mint sprig
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup boiling water
- ¾ cup mint leaves
- Start with the simple syrup.
- Combine the sugar and mint in a bowl.
- Add ½ cup boiling water and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Steep the mint leaves for 15 minutes.
- Strain into a jar, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- Set aside.
- Muddle the lemon in a shaker.
- Combine syrup and the remaining ingredients with ice and shake.
- Double-strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Slap a mint sprig on the back of your hand and use as a garnish.