Beet blush · Beets · Bell peppers · Cocktails · Garlic · Jalapeño peppers · Peppers · Tomatoes ·
Golden Bloody Mary
Source: Mixologist Jeffrey Naples
- 3 - 6 Golden beets
- Yellow bell pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup yellow tomatoes
- 1 Jalapeño - fire roasted
- ¼ salt
- ¼ - ½ tsp white pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- Any spirit (this recipe uses vodka)
- Garlic shoot
- Beet blush
For this recipe, you can use any spirit. This recipe uses vodka.
Two hours before preparing the cocktail, I infused a society garlic shoot into the vodka bottle.
- First, boil 3-6 golden beets in about 3 cups of water. Boil until they are soft.
- Next slice off the sides of 1 yellow bell pepper. Place bell pepper pieces into a blender, along with 1 cup yellow tomatoes, 1 grilled or fire-roasted jalapeño, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4-1/2 tsp white pepper.
- Remove the beets from the water (cool if desired), and add those to the blender as well.
- Add 4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce.
- Blend all of the ingredients until mixture is smooth (or desired consistency).
- Pour 2 oz vodka into a glass over ice. Then pour over mix and fill glass.
- Give it a stir.
- Garnish with a piece of beet blush.
Leave a comment