Honey and carrots are a natural combination. We love this because we're deeply connected to the production of both.
- 1 lb carrots washed and trimmed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 squeeze of lemon (optional)
- Wash and trim the carrots to clean them. Cut to ensure all pieces are similar in size. If some pieces are bigger, cut them smaller.
- In a large pan over medium heat add the carrots and butter. Sear until lightly browned.
- Add the honey, thyme, water and optional lemon juice. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and stir. Let simmer for another 10 minutes or until carrots are fork-tender and glaze has reduced to almost a dry pan. Take care not to scorch the pan.
- Transfer to plate and serve immediately.