Kohlrabi Hash with Caramelized Onions Dip
Kohlrabi Hash with Caramelized Onions Dip is delicious for brunch, appetizer, snack, or side dish. Made with small young kohlrabi and specialty potatoes from Farmer Jones Farm at The Chef’s Garden, this flavorful dish is flavorful and unique.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 4 cups
Source: Akron Ohio Moms
- 5 Small Young Kohlrabi peeled and diced
- 5 Small Potatoes peeled and diced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp Fresh Black Pepper
- 4 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 large, sweet onion sliced thin
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Peel skin from kohlrabi and potatoes, dice to desired size.
- Place kohlrabi, potatoes, and parsley in bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Line sheet pan with parchment paper. Place kohlrabi mixture on sheet pan in a single layer.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake for another 10 minutes or until kohlrabi and potatoes are soft, yet browned.
- Peel the onions and slice them very thinly.
- Heat the butter over medium heat in large skillet. Saute onions for 20-30 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Onions should be deeply golden brown and fragrant.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Combine sour cream, Greek yogurt, fresh parsley, paprika, and parmesan cheese.
- Add cooled onions to sour cream mixture.
Leave a comment