Eggplant · Heart Health · Postpartum · Preconception · Pregnancy · Vegetarian ·
Roasted Eggplant Dip
- 2 lbs Eggplants, washed
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for serving
- 1/8 tsp or Pinch of Cumin, ground
- 1 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tbsp honey for finishing, optional
- Roast your eggplants in a hot oven or in a grill with a lid until they are fully cooked and tender as can be.
- Cut a slit along the side of your eggplants before using a spoon to remove the soft flesh from the inside. Compost the skin and reserve the flesh.
- To the tender innards of the eggplant, add all of the remaining ingredients except the honey before tasting for seasoning. Serve cool, room temperature, or warm with an optional bit of honey and additional oil on the surface.
*Serve with crudités, crackers, bread, and any other dippable or otherwise edible spoon your pantry offers you.
Leave a comment