Cocktails · Herbs · Mint · Watermelon ·
Source: Culinary Vegetable Institute at The Chef's Garden
- 6 pieces cubed watermelon
- 8-10 English Mint leaves
- 2 ounces Vodka
- ¾ ounces fresh lime juice
- ½ ounce mint simple syrup
- Soda water
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup boiling water
- ¾ cup mint leaves
- Start by creating the simple syrup.
- Combine the sugar and mint in a bowl.
- Add ½ cup boiling water and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Steep the mint leaves for 15 minutes.
- Strain into a jar, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle watermelon and mint with the simple syrup.
- Add Vodka, Lime, and ice.
- Shake, and double strain into a glass filled with crushed ice.
- Top with soda water and garnish with mint sprigs.
Leave a comment