- 2-3 small heads cauliflower
- 1 clove garlic, microplaned
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Dijon or whole grain mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ package mixes micro herbs, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup grated Gruyere
- Position an oven rack in the bottom of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Trim the stem flush with the bottom of the heads so the cauliflower sits flat on the prepared baking sheet. Rub the outside of each head with the grated garlic.
- Whisk together the oil, 3 tablespoons mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper in a small bowl.
- Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet and brush the entire outside and inside with the mustard-oil mixture. Roast the cauliflower until nicely charred and fork tender, 30-45 minutes. Allow to rest.
- Combine the Gruyere and Parsley in a small bowl. Brush the outside of the roasted cauliflower heads all over with the remaining 1 tablespoon mustard and generously sprinkle with the cheese mixture.
- Replace the cauliflower to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve. Turn off your oven.
- At the table, cut the cauliflower into quartered wedges and serve.