Source: Chef Jehangir Mehta
- 8 small zucchini
- 8 tbsp parmesan, grated fine
- 1 jalapeño, finely minced
- 5 oz. olive oil
- 6 oz. goat cheese
- edible flowers
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375ºf
- Lightly dress panko with olive oil and bake for 7 minutes.
- Slash open the zucchini all the way to the stem by cutting out a wedge from the top.
- Mix half of the bread crumbs, parmesan and jalapeno and pack into the cavity of the zucchini. Sprinkle pepper.
- Place them in a baking dish, drizzle the olive oil and place in a 375ºf oven for approximately 10 mins. (One is looking for a good bite on the zucchini).
- Let them cool off for about 5 mins and top with panko.
- Place the remaining panko breadcrumbs on a cheese platter and later carefully place zucchini over.
- Sprinkle small broken chunks of goat cheese over.
- Lastly place the flowers on the platter.
- If you are a lover of bread, grab it!
- I also do not salt this dish as the Parmesan and goat cheese provides the saltiness.
Chef Jehangir Mehta is a long time friend of the the farm. He has supported and presented at our annual conference called ROOTS. Beyond his illustrious career as a chef, Jehangir believes in the power of food and its ability to solve problems, its ability to express art and emotion, and foods ability to heal people from what ails them. We are grateful for the opportunity to share this recipe as a resource to our home delivery boxes.