- 4 Tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cups day-old cooked jasmine or short grain rice
- 2 cups chopped kale (about 4 ounces)
- 4 cups chopped bok choy (about 4 ounces)
- 1 Tbsp hot chili, finely minced
- 3 cloves raw minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or heavy sauté pan over high heat until smoking.
- Add the kale and bok choy, season with salt, and stir-fry until the vegetables are bright green and starting to char on the edges.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 more tablespoon of oil in the pan over high heat until smoking.
- Add raw minced garlic and chili to pan, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Add rice and stir immediately, breaking up any large chunks and adding oil as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Season rice with salt and white pepper, then add soy sauce.
- Return kale and bok choy to rice and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a warm serving bowl.
- Serve immediately.