Carrot and Jerusalem Artichoke Soup with Watercress
- 1 lb Jerusalem artichokes well scrubbed and roughly sliced
- 1 lb carrots peeled and roughly sliced
- 3 field onions peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks with leaves roughly chopped
- 2 plump garlic cloves peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- salt & pepper to taste
- yogurt and some chopped watercress to serve
- Prepare all the vegetables.
- In a large stock pot heat up olive and add all of the vegetables, letting them stew gently until lightly softened but not colored (approx. 10 min).
- Add stock, season with salt & pepper and bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for approx. 30 min or until vegetables are soft.
- Take the soup off the heat and puree using a high speed blender until desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasoning and viscosity if required.
- Serve garnished with a swirl of yogurt and top with some chopped watercress.
Leave a comment