Beets · Carrots · Honey · Microgreens · Salad ·
Roasted Carrot and Beet Salad with Tahini Yogurt and Seeds
Source: Chef Elizabeth Falkner for The Chef’s Garden
- 2 ea. beets
- 10 ea. assorted carrots, cut into strips and chunks or thumbelina’s in half or quarters
- 5 TB. olive oil
- 3 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. aleppo chili
- 2 tsp. Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 2 ea. cloves garlic
- 1 ea. lemon
- 2 TB. tahini
- 3 TB. water
- 1/2 C. Greek yogurt
- 3 TB. sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. orange flower water
- 3 TB. pomegranate seeds
- micro herbs
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Sprinkle salt on beets and cover and roast for 45 minutes.
- In a separate baking dish add 8 of the carrots and toss with 3 TB. olive oil, 1 tsp. cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp. aleppo chili and 1 tsp. salt and roast at 400 F. for 40-45 minutes.
- Dry roast the other 2 tsp. cumin seeds in a pan on the stove top.
- In a food processor, add the garlic, 1 tsp. cumin seeds and a little lemon zest, juice of half the lemon, a pinch of salt and the tahini and water and puree.
- Mix with the yogurt and set aside.
- Roast sunflower seeds and toss with sesame seeds, the remaining cumin seeds, toasted fennel seeds and crushed coriander seeds, 1/2 tsp. aleppo chili, pinch of salt and 1/2 tsp. olive oil.
- Slice remaining carrots and toss with the other half of lemon juice, pinch of salt, orange flower water and the rest of the olive oil.
- Spoon some of the tahini yogurt on plates.
- Slice beets and divide beets and roasted carrots on top of the tahini yogurt.
- Add the carrot vinaigrette over each pile of roasted vegetables and drizzle remaining vinaigrette over.
- Top with the seed mixture, pomegranate seeds and micro herbs and serve.
Leave a comment