- 1/2 lb The Chef’s Garden Spinach
- 4 fl. oz Fermented Beet Vinaigrette from Cleveland Kitchen
- 2 Watermelon Radishes
- Egyptian Star Flowers
- Begin by gathering a washbowl for the spinach leaves, a small sauce pot, and a knife and cutting board or mandoline.
- Remove half the spinach from its packaging and use either your hands, shears, or a small paring knife to trim the leaves free from the stem. Place the trimmed leaves in a bowl or similar container suitable for washing.
- Completely submerge the leaves in cold water, gently stir them, then drain them several times so as to ensure they are free of any sediment. Place cleaned spinach leaves into a clean bowl of ice water and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Rinse the radishes under running water and shave into a bowl with mandoline. If you do not have a mandoline, use a sharp knife to cut thin round slices. Submerge the thin slices of radish in cold water and store covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, remove spinach and radishes from water, shake gently or salad spin to remove excess water. Transfer the drained spinach and shaved radishes to a mixing bowl then heat the dressing on the stove until it reaches a simmer.
- When the dressing is hot, spoon the desired quantity (a bit at a time) into the mixing bowl then gently fold all of the contents together with your hands or a spatula. While gently tossing, season to taste with salt.
- Plate the dressed spinach and radish salad in individual serving bowls before garnishing with Egyptian Star Flowers and serving.