For the Tacos:
- 1 cup roasted root vegetables (see ingredient and directions below)
- ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 corn tortillas, lightly toasted or warmed
- Serve with Purple Slaw, sour cream and fresh cilantro
For the Roasted Root Vegetables:
- ½ tsp ground pepper
For the Roasted Root Vegetables
Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 425 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut carrots into 1/2-inch-thick slices on a diagonal, then cut into half moons. Cut beets and onion into 1/2-inch-thick wedges. Cut celery root into 3/4-inch cubes. You should have about 12 cups raw vegetables. Toss the vegetables with oil, vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper in a large bowl until well coated.
- Divide between the prepared baking sheets, spreading into a single layer.
- Roast the vegetables, rotating the pans top to bottom halfway through, until fork-tender, 35-45 minutes.
*Makes approximately 12 cups. Refrigerate remaining roasted vegetables in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
For the Tacos:
Combine roasted root vegetables, beans, oil, cumin, chili powder, coriander, salt and pepper in a saucepan. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until heated through, about 8 minutes.
- Divide the mixture among the tortillas. Top with Purple Slaw and Sour Cream. Serve with lime wedges. Garnish with cilantro.