Edible Flowers · Lettuce · Salad · Thanksgiving · Vegan ·
Assorted Lettuces With Fall Colored Flowers
You haven't eaten lettuce until you've eaten ours. This lettuce is grown in our coveted soil in the fields. The lettuces are subject to wind and rain and temperatures high and low. Unlike hydroponic alternatives and controlled climates programmed for optimal yield, our lettuces are grown for flavor and texture. This salad isn't calling for dried cranberries or nuts though you are encouraged to explore should you choose. This recipe is about as simple as it gets and it's placed here to highlight these fantastic ingredients.
Servings: 8- 4-oz salads
Source: Culinary Vegetable Institute at The Chef's Garden
- 1 box of Chefs Garden Lettuces or Greens
- 1 package of fall colored flowers
- Salad Dressing of Choice (see dressing tips below)
- Wash the lettuces well and drain any excess water from the leaves in a colander or on a linen.
- Transfer lettuces to a large serving bowl or individual salad bowls.
- Top the salads with the flowers individually placing and distributing them across all lettuce.
- Serve with salt on the table and dressings on the side.
Create a Homemade Dressing
For optimal nutrients from your salad dressings use:
- Unpasteurized vinegar with the mother culture
- High polyphenol olive oil
- Redmond's Real Salt
- Organic herbs and spices
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 1/3 cups Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Leave a comment