Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 1-2
Source: Chef Jehangir Mehta
- 1 cup Basmati rice (rinsed)
- 4 Bay leaves
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Lemon
- 12 larger tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 long Thai red chilis (or pepper or choice)
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups herb stems (optional)
- Summer squash
- 2 Tbl. spoon olive oil
- 1 Tbl. spoon ginger (chopped)
- 3 Jalapeño peppers (sliced)
- Purée tomatoes, peppers, garlic, water and herbs.
- In a sauce pot or rice cooker, add the purée to the rice with the spices.
- Squeeze he juice of lemon to the rice as well as add the whole lemon.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover and cook for 18 minutes on low flame.
- In a skillet add the olive oil, ginger and jalapeños and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Sauté the squash and zucchini for 2 minutes and add to rice.
- Cut extra tomatoes and sprinkle with edible flowers to garnish.
- Add to cooked rice and toss.