Cancer Prevention · Farmacy · Gut Health · Heart Healthy Box · Jerusalem Artichokes · Kale · Microgreens · MS Support · Pregnancy · Swiss Chard ·
Warm Kale and Chard with Jerusalem Artichokes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Jerusalem artichokes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 15 garlic cloves, peeled
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 pound kale and swiss chard, stemmed, large leaves torn
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, sliced
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- Pinch of microgreens
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until nearly smoking.
- Add the Jerusalem artichokes, garlic and crushed red pepper and season with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until the Jerusalem artichokes are just tender.
- Put the kale and swiss chard in a large bowl.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and add the vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil; immediately scrape the Jerusalem artichokes mixture and any liquid over the kale and swiss chard and toss until gently wilted.
- Add the apple and half of the cheese, season with salt and black pepper and toss to mix;
- transfer to a serving bowl.
- Top with the remaining cheese and a pinch of our heart healthy signature Blend microgreens
Leave a comment